- 9 (Registered)
This course teaches Agile and Scrum concepts so that participants comfortably implement Agile principles and Scrum methodology in their projects.
2 days or 16 hrs.
- Agile practices and apply Scrum methodology for software development.
- Write user stories.
- Perform Scrum Release Planning, and Scrum Sprint Planning.
- Estimate user stories and tasks using Poker Estimation.
- Deconstruct user stories into tasks and ideal day estimates
- Carryout a sprint with Daily Scrum Meetings.
- End a Sprint with Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Use Scrum as a tool for improving collaboration, communication, quality, and team productivity
- Use Scrum with multiple, or distributed, project teams.
Programmers, Testers, System Analysts and Solution Architects.
- Agile Concepts
- Traditional Vs Agile Approach
- Agile manifesto
- Agile Principles
- Introduction to Scrum
- Applicability of Scrum?
- Overview of Scrum Process(Basics)
- Scrum Roles
- Scrum Artifacts
- Scrum ceremonies
- How product owner communicates the requirements to the scrum team.
- Sprint commitment by team
- Time boxing the sprint.
- Sprint execution
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Release
- Demo of sprint to the product owner
- Sprint Retrospective
- Scrum in live
- Product Backlog creation
- Understanding User stories
- INVEST Concepts
- User story estimation (using planning poker)
- Exercise with one team for better understanding of planning poker
- Product backlog Prioritization
- Sprint Planning
- Product Owner and Team Identification
- Sprint Goal
- Sprint Backlog creation
- Estimation of Sprint Backlog items
- Understanding of Velocity
- Using Velocity to make release planning
- Understanding team behaviors expected in Scrum – One Hour
- Game to understand advantage of multi skilling – Dot’s and Color Pens
- Game to understand reality of velocity / do things differently – Passing Ball
- Game to understand importance of continuous testing – Blocks game
- Sprint execution using POP application (4 Hours approximates)
- Execution of Sprint 1 – One Hour
- Sprint 1 Demo – 2/3 min per team (10 min)
- Sprint 1 retrospective – 5 min for team, 10 min feedback and review
- Sprint Planning for Sprint -2
- Sprint goal creation
- Sprint backlog creation
- Sprint 2 execution – One Hour
- Sprint 2 Demo – 2/3 min per team (10 min)
- Sprint 2 retrospective – 5 min for team, 10 min feedback and review
- Beyond Basics (2 Hours)
- Scrum workflow zigzag game – 10 min
- Scrum of Scrums
- Scrum in Distributed Location
- Tools for Agile
- Questions and Answer
- If time permits Scrum myths
Enlightening on the myths of Agile and enabled me to have the confidence to use it with my future clients.
A great course to learn how agile stories fit into the larger organisations vision and goals. Also how to create the collaborative climate to produce them.
His extensive real world experience combined with his depth of knowledge of Scrum processes and tools made for a superior learning opportunity with lots of fun along the way. Highly recommend
- 24 hours on-demand video
- 6 Articles
- 15 Supplemental Resources
- Language: English
- Certificate of Completion